THE DUCOMMUNS

My photo
We are the Ducommuns! There are 4 of us now-Craig, Laura, Zamara, and now Mahashavah, our 1 year old son. We adopted Zamara from Ethiopia in 2008. Our son is also from Ethiopia and we are hoping to bring him home soon. We live Flagstaff Arizona. We are so glad you found us. Take a look around and don't forget to leave us a message.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

YES! We are alive!

Hello everyone!  Yes, the Ducommun's are alive.  We have been trying to get Zamara on a schedule for sleeping and eating...this is not easy task, let me tell you.  She refused to go down for an afternoon nap today and was a stink-butt the whole afternoon and evening because she was tired and cranky.  She is sleeping well now...for the moment...I don't want to jinx things though.

We have the most amazing visa story to share with you tomorrow.  God really worked some miracles while we were in Ethiopia.  It's a long story and too late to share tonight.  I am on baby duty from 3am-9am so I need to get some sleep. 

STINK! I have been trying up upload pictures with no luck.  I will keep  trying...

Laura


3 comments:

small world said...

So glad you are home and safe with your new little one. Yikes 3am-9am...you got the short end of that stick. But on the other hand some of the best bonding happens when everyone else is asleep!! Hope you get some of that and some rest.
Theresa VanWetten

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Can't wait to hear the visa story! :) So glad you guys are still alive...we're praying for that schedule! :)
Amy L.

Jori said...

So glad you are home and alive! Can't wait to hear more stories and "see" photos! :):)
I also can not seem to get into the picasa album - could you send me an invitation? jorbear88@yahoo.com
Thanks you so very much!
jori