THE DUCOMMUNS

My photo
We are the Ducommuns! There are 4 of us now-Craig, Laura, Zamara, and now Mahashavah, our 1 year old son. We adopted Zamara from Ethiopia in 2008. Our son is also from Ethiopia and we are hoping to bring him home soon. We live Flagstaff Arizona. We are so glad you found us. Take a look around and don't forget to leave us a message.

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sorry it's been so long...

Hi everyone!  Sorry it has been so long since our last post.  We have been busy.  My mom came back down to Flagstaff to visit for a week.  I was feeling lonely and needed a little help with Zamara.  She was amazing!  I wish she could have stayed longer.  She helped me a lot and I miss her.

Zamara is doing great.  She had her first immunizations last week.  She did fine but got a little sick from the Flu shot, but nothing too bad.  She is growing like crazy and does new things each day.  She is right on track for a 7 month old.  Her hair continues to fill in.  I cannot wait until it is long enough to really have fun with.  

She loves to eat whatever we put in front of her.  Last night she tried pasta for the first time--real grown up food.  She is also learning how to feed herself which is pretty funny to watch.  We shot this little video of her trying to feed herself yesterday and thought you might enjoy it.  

We have some more video and pictures but we will save it for another day.

blessings,
Laura

5 comments:

tisha said...

Yay Zamara!! It sounds like she is doing so good! :)
Tisha

Murray said...

She's adorable. What an important milestone. Those stars have been a life saver for us with Ezra. They are great when you are out at a restaurant or have to occupy a child while waiting for something. What fun!
:) Christie

K.P. said...

Glad to hear you are doing good. Moms are great! :) My MIL just left and I miss her already. :)

Hang in there. God, through his Holy Spirit, can give us all we need to get through each new day. I am learned utter and total dependance through this experience.

Love ya!
KP

K.P. said...

That's supposed to say "I have learned..." UGH. I don't want to sound too hillbilly! :P

Andrea and Peter Kidd said...

SOOOO CUTE!!!!! She is doing so well. Thanks for the shirt props! Give her kisses for me.

Auntie Andrea