THE DUCOMMUNS

My photo
We are the Ducommuns! There are 4 of us now-Craig, Laura, Zamara, and now Mahashavah, our 1 year old son. We adopted Zamara from Ethiopia in 2008. Our son is also from Ethiopia and we are hoping to bring him home soon. We live Flagstaff Arizona. We are so glad you found us. Take a look around and don't forget to leave us a message.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Quilts are being Published!




Good morning everyone. I have some exciting news to share with you. As some of you may already know, I was approached last year by Lark Books about having some of my quilts published. They had found me on my ETSY site (www.lkdDesigns.etsy.com) and wanted me to contribute some of my work to an upcoming book about Baby Quilts. The publishing date continued to get pushed back, but now we have a firm date for when the book will be available in stores beginning May 5th, 2009.

The book is called "Quilts, BABY!". You can pick it up at Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com and other bookstores that carry Lark Books. I will have two quilts featured in the book. Even if you have no interest in buying it, I would love to hear your feedback. Grab some coffee at Barnes and Noble and just thumb through the book.

Have a great day!
Laura

4 comments:

E said...

Wow! That's amazing! Congratulations!!!

Hope all is well!

Love,
Erica

Susan said...

Congratulations! That is very exciting! I am a fan of your quilts!

~Susan

Christie Murray said...

congratulations, Laura! That's really exciting news. Your quilts truly are beautiful!

Kari said...

Laura,
This is sooo fantastic...I have goosebumps!!! How can I take a peek at your quilts?? WOWWWWW!!!
So proud of you!!
I'm sure Zamara is one of your biggest fans!
xoxo