THE DUCOMMUNS

My photo
We are the Ducommuns! There are 4 of us now-Craig, Laura, Zamara, and now Mahashavah, our 1 year old son. We adopted Zamara from Ethiopia in 2008. Our son is also from Ethiopia and we are hoping to bring him home soon. We live Flagstaff Arizona. We are so glad you found us. Take a look around and don't forget to leave us a message.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

3 feet of snow!






We woke up this morning to 3 feet of snow...IT WAS CRAZY! We tried to walk around the neighborhood and go sledding but the snow was too deep to walk and it was too fluffy for really good sledding.

You can see the picture of Craig with Zizi on his shoulders--the snow is up past his thighs. Zizi got tired 1/2 way through the walk. In some of the pictures it looks like she is laughing but I am pretty sure she was crying. I hope we didn't traumatize her too much!

We stayed in the house the rest of the day. I made Zizi a tutu and we danced around for a while. Craig tried to make it into work but got stuck on the road in front of our house. A few of our neighbors had to come and help him out!

I also straightened Zizi's hair while she was watching Tigger and Pooh. I had wanted to do it for a long time. It doesn't look too great yet. It needs to grow out more and I need to use the right products so that it comes out silky instead of frizzy. But it was fun to see how different she looks with straight hair.

1 comment:

The Bell Family said...

I heard you guys were going to get a lot of snow. This morning on the news it made it sound like ALL of Arizona was going to get pounded with snow - to make it more dramatic. I was pretty darn sure it was you guys and not Phoenix and I'm no rocket scientist.

The photos are great! I love one good blizzard a year. We've had two snowfalls so far, but nothing remotely blizzard like.

We love you!
Angie and all